One of the largest relief and development organizations in the world, World Vision is dedicated to helping children, families and communities worldwide reach their full potential. With a focus on tackling poverty and injustice, they wanted to more broadly share eye-opening journalism and inspirational stories from staff, volunteers, and journalists working in nearly 100 countries.
World Vision asked us to conceive, design, and develop an iPhone news app along with a centralized news editor portal. We set to work and the resulting app brings important news and stories to light through stunning photography, touching videos and uncompromising journalism.
Through the World Vision Now iPhone app, users can:
- Follow news and stories written directly by World Vision journalists in the field.
- Receive alerts and updates on the latest and ongoing humanitarian crises.
- Read thought-provoking features by international relief, development, and advocacy experts.
- Hear from World Vision U.S. President and best-selling author, Rich Stearns.
- Follow commentary on current events from World Vision staff.
- Identify where giving will matter most.
- Discover opportunities for advocacy action.
- Subscribe to receive time-critical push notifications.
- View region-related stories through an interactive world map.
- Search stories by top tags.
- Share links, stories, and videos on Facebook and Twitter.
By providing convenient access to the unique viewpoint of a global relief organization, World Vision Now highlights the struggles and triumphs of children and families in the developing world. It makes it possible for donors—and potential donors—to more fully interact with the organization and clearly see how their contributions make a difference.
From Our Client
"With their commitment to design and technical excellence, LiveAreaLabs was a natural choice to create our flagship iPhone application. Working collaboratively with our teams, they conceived and designed the application and then built it out pixel perfect. Behind the scenes, they worked with our communications team to create a custom news editor application, which puts our editors in control of the publication process. We're thrilled with the results and look forward to working with LiveAreaLabs again."
Director Mobile Technology & Mobilization, World Vision