The Senior Application Developer position offers an opportunity to play a key role in architecting and building the next generation of e-commerce, mobile, and social sites. This role works directly with our designers and clients to create cutting-edge experiences across a variety of platforms and technologies. The work is hands-on, engaging, team-oriented, and focused on high-visibility consumer brands you know.
Technology Discipline Lead
Partners closely with
Front-end and Mobile Developers, Creative Lead, SaaS and technology platform providers, Producer
- Lead the technical design and build of web, e-commerce, and mobile applications.
- Participate in the creative process by representing the technology discipline.
- Provide technology estimates and execute within estimates with high quality work.
- Maintain knowledge of current web and mobile technologies including their best practices.
- Create custom system-to-system interfaces through data and coding development.
- Assist clients in build and deployment processes to launch web and mobile sites and services.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 3+ years of experience as an application, CMS, or mobile developer.
- Able to learn new programming languages, APIs and platforms quickly.
- Experience building AJAX or API driven sites.
- An attention to detail and ability to problem solve on the fly.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Available to work on site in our Seattle office.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Outstanding interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience with e-commerce sites or platforms.
- Experience with social APIs such as Facebook, Twitter, and other social platforms.
- Working knowledge of Agile, XP or Scrum. Mobile or tablet optimized site experience.
- iOS or Android app experience.
- Working knowledge and desire to master HTML5 and emerging technologies.
LiveAreaLabs is a digital retail agency focused on creating flagship experiences for global passion brands and multi-brand retailers.
From offices in New York City and Seattle, LiveAreaLabs serves Adidas Outdoor, Ariat International, Black Diamond Equipment, Brooks Sports, Burton Snowboards, Chicco, Frederick’s of Hollywood, Gregory Mountain Products, Jones New York, Leatherman Tool Group, LUSH Cosmetics, Nambé, New York & Company, Smith Optics, Trina Turk, and Urban Decay.